Network.URI - MIN_VERSION_base problem, or finger-trouble?

Graham Klyne GK at ninebynine.org
Sat Jan 5 10:01:22 CET 2013

Thanks Daniel, and others, for the hints.

In the end I used your command line option, and all was fine.

After submitting my pull request, I finally managed to get the test suite
running using cabal, following a bit of trial-end-error (*), which has raised a
couple of questions for me:

1. Is there a simple "one page" introduction to using cabal with an existing
library/package - i.e. for building/testing a simple change?

2. Is there a simple way to get detailed test results displayed to the console
when running tests through cabal?  I tried -v but that didn't help.

I ask as a very occasional Haskell user who is not steeped in, or even regularly
exposed to, the traditions and practices of the GHC/Cabal toolchain.

#g
--

(*) the final sequence I used was:

   541  autoreconf