2014 Applicative => Monad proposal

Daniel Díaz Casanueva dhelta.diaz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 20:08:45 CEST 2013

Hi there!

I am excited about this proposal, and I really hopes it will be performed.
I have been following the discussion for a long time, always perceiving
that Applicative as a superclass of Monad is the right thing to do. As a
consequence, Functor will also be a superclass of Monad. This changes may
affect my code, but I will be glad to make any changes.

There is a wiki page related [1] that should be updated.

Also, I am wondering if our agreement to implement this proposal would
imply an Applicative class being included in a future Haskell Report.

Cheers,
Daniel Díaz.

--

[1] HaskellWiki: Functor-Applicative-Monad Proposal -
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Functor-Applicative-Monad_Proposal