Proposal: Warn when using Enum instance of Float or Double

harry voldermort at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 17 09:16:45 CEST 2013

Roman Cheplyaka-2 wrote
> Hi,
>
> This is the mailing list for libraries changes proposals.
>
> What's the library you're proposing a change to, and what is the change
> itself?
>
> In other words, let's say your proposal gets accepted — what's next?
>
> Roman

This is really more of a compiler change, but when I've submitted such
proposals through GHC's trac in the past, I was directed to move it to the
libraries list.

OTOH, one possible implementation is that GHC will add a pragma allowing for
warnings to be attached to usages of specific instances, in which case it
really is a library change as well.