Continuous builds for bytestring

Nicolas Trangez nicolas at incubaid.com
Sat Mar 2 23:54:53 CET 2013

On Sat, 2013-03-02 at 23:46 +0100, dag.odenhall at gmail.com wrote:
> Didn't bytestring move to GitHub? Any particular reason, then, you're not
> using Travis?

TravisCI only supports the GHC shipped by Ubuntu (~ Haskell Platform) by
default :-(
I read somewhere the Travis guys are willing to add support for 'other
compilers/platforms' for different languages, as long as everything
required is packaged in an Ubuntu/PPA repository, in order to support
'matrix' builds (cfr. the Ruby multi-version and multi-platform (JRuby)
support). I guess it might be really cool if this could be added for
Haskell as well, if someone with Debian/Ubuntu packaging skills could
set up a PPA tracking GHC releases...

Nicolas