Stricter WriterT (Part II)

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 17:53:35 CET 2013

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Gabriel Gonzalez <gabriel439 at gmail.com>wrote:

> So I propose that we add an additional stricter WriterT (under say,
> "Control.Monad.Trans.Writer.**Stricter") which is internally implemented
> as StateT, but hide the constructor so we don't expose the implementation:

Nice work. If we end up adding a new module (instead of e.g. replacing the
current one), lets try to have a more descriptive name. The -er names
quickly get out of hand: New, Newer, MoreNewer, Newerest! Better to include
a word that explains in what sense the writer is strict.

Let the bikeshedding begin!