cabal executable using local hsc modules

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Mar 25 18:54:25 CET 2013

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013, Andreas Voellmy wrote:

> OK, I just realized that the correct way of handling this is to use the "other-modules" field of the
> executable section. In this instance, just adding "other-modules: A" in the executable section allows the
> .hsc file to be found and compiled properly.

As I said, this can be done and up to Cabal-1.14 this was the only
possible way. Since Cabal-1.10 importing the library to the executable
worked somehow, but Haddock failed. Today the proper way is to import the
library by Build-Depends which saves disk space and compilation time, but
requires the field Cabal-Version >= 1.8.