Making decisions

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Thu May 23 10:19:03 CEST 2013

On Thu, 23 May 2013, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:

>  So there's a decision-making vacuum for the "GHC HQ" libraries.  If
> that's the case, then the best thing is for GHC HQ to get out of the
> way!

In the special case of adding Traversable and Foldable to Prelude, it
worries me that it is about changing Prelude. I am more relaxed about
changes to 'base'. However, since Prelude is part of the Haskell 98 and
Haskell 2010 specification, I thought that changing Prelude could also be
decided by the Haskell Prime committee.