Making decisions

Andreas Abel andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de
Thu May 23 13:39:33 CEST 2013

On 23.05.2013 10:13, Shachaf Ben-Kiki wrote:
> On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 3:48 AM, Simon Peyton-Jones
> <simonpj at microsoft.com> wrote:
>> Is that what others feel, or are you all happy?   My proposal would be to form a Library Tsars committee, that
>> * Takes ownership of the "GHC HQ" libraries
>> * Also owns any global library issues; ones that can't be resolved
>>      by a single maintainer
>>
>> Like any maintainer the Library Tsars would be expected to follow the guidance on the wiki http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions#Guidance_for_maintainers (responsiveness, consultation, etc).  But they could actually decide things.
>
> +1

+1

The library Tsars should have some 'executive' capabilities, i.e., some
resources to actually implement small to medium changes which they
approve.  Of course, implementation can be delegated, but the Tsars
should be a driving force.

Oettingenstr. 67, D-80538 Munich, GERMANY

andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de
http://www2.tcs.ifi.lmu.de/~abel/