summary of 2013-05 proposals

Ben Millwood haskell at benmachine.co.uk
Wed May 29 09:53:24 CEST 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 10:00:47AM -0700, Ben wrote:
>i just got a new keyboard and i thought i'd break it in by typing up a summary of the proposals that have come on the libraries mailing list in may 2013.  i expected this might be a little annoying so i adopted my "don't grade angry" method from my graduate student days, where every time i got frustrated got i'd have a swig of beer.

Thanks for doing this! It looks like a bit of a titan undertaking.

If I didn't have exams in a week, I'd volunteer to copy it all up on to
the wiki, so that it doesn't get lost in the sea of e-mail (as I suspect
might already be happening) and can be easily updated with new
developments. It's exactly the sort of thing that I think should
underlie any difficult ML discussion, so that people know what is being
talked about and who has said what about it.