2013.4.0.0 proposal

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 10:07:49 UTC 2013

On 10 November 2013 23:14, Mark Lentczner <mark.lentczner at gmail.com> wrote:
> I spoke too soon:
>
> aeson induces blaze-builder

Note that I removed the blaze-builder requirement from aeson-HEAD (it
now uses the Builder from bytestring with a fallback to blaze-builder
when configured with -fblaze-builder).

I think we're pretty close to a release of aeson-0.7.0.0. It would be
great to have this version in the HP since:

* It includes an important bug fix for the eitherDecodeStrict functions.

* It has support for arbitrary precision floating point numbers (as
required by the JSON spec) through the Scientific type.

* It removes the ByteString instances since JSON doesn't have support
for binary data (this was brought up during the HP inclusion
discussion).

* It adds ToJSON and FromJSON for Data.Tree.

Bas