Who needs and wants parallelism-friendly core libs?

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 00:00:54 UTC 2013

Since vector is needed to build ghc with dph, and has gone fallow, I
suppose it really does need a maintainer.

I've personally spent a lot of time mucking around in its internals
building hybrid-vector and vector-instances and many of my recent projects
center on the guts of vector.

To that end, I've forked vector over to my github account.

If nobody has any objections, we can use that as a sort of staging ground
for this sort of change before they filter up to the main repository.

I'm happy to juggle whatever integration work is required as an individual
maintainer, or to work through the committee if folks really prefer, just
to make sure everything continues to work well, but I think things like the
recent change to SPEC in HEAD, future SIMD integration via generalized
stream fusion using Geoffrey's work, and this CAS proposal will require
somewhat active management.

That said, if someone else feels strongly about wanting to take over
maintainership personally (Geoff?), I'm happy to have the conversation.

-Edward