aeson and dlist in HP 2013.4.0.0

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 04:19:18 UTC 2013

My view of the conversation so far:

1) Aeson option 3 or 4 is desirable - we all want aeson, we don't want
blaze-builder
2) dlist has generated a fair bit of discussion, but no clear agreement.
3) no one has weighed in on scientific

We need to come to rough consensus on these issues soon if we are to get to
aeson in this round.

My opinion, with my "HP Release Manager" hat on: I'd like to see a version
of aeson-0.7 that didn't use dlist (just, ick, duplicated what it used in
it's innards), and either had the Scientific removed, or as part of aeson
itself (rather than as a separate package). I recognize the
sub-standardness of this solution, though it is forward compatible with
future evolutions (such as exposing dlist, and/or scientific).

- Mark