I've forked test-framework

Roman Cheplyaka roma
Wed Oct 9 20:00:05 UTC 2013

* Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net> [2013-10-09 08:16:06-0700]
> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 1:04 AM, Roman Cheplyaka <roma at ro-che.info> wrote:
>
> > However, if someone is considering adding new features, I'd encourage
> > them to look at tasty instead. It has a cleaner and smaller code base
> > and is more extensible, but otherwise is very similar in spirit to
> > test-framework.
> >

> Why don't you try to make this work as api-compatible with the old
> test-framework as possible and release it as test-framework-1.0.0.0?

Why would I do that? Tasty is now a separate package, with its own API
and its own users. Why would I break it?

People who continue to use test-framework are presumably happy with it,
so maintenance releases by Bryan or haskell-pkg-janitors should be
enough for them. If they ever feel that tasty is better for them, it
won't take much effort to switch.

Roman