Flipped function application

Erik Hesselink hesselink
Thu Oct 10 07:31:18 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Andreas Abel <andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de> wrote:
> My take is that if a feature is repeatedly asked for (independently), it
> can't be that bad and should be added...

I strongly oppose this line of reasoning. Every feature has a cost:
cognitive (you have to know about it), maintenance, restricting the
name space for library authors (and remember that not all Haskell code
is on hackage...) etc. Especially with the core language and base, I
think the default should be to be conservative.

Also, I don't think these kinds of things should be a majority rule.
And especially one where the most vocal have the most votes...

Erik