Text.Printf replacement?

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr at gnu.org
Thu Sep 12 13:13:43 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-12 at 08:41:14 +0200, Carter Schonwald wrote:
> i'm actually not aware of many / any? package that use the printf style
> approach!
> (i could be wrong, but i suspect its not widely used?)

I've done a crude check to see how many latest-version packages on
Hackage have .*hs files matching containing the string "Text.Printf":

  http://lpaste.net/92876

It's still 599 packages that are probably affected by base losing its
`Text.Printf` :-/

Maybe we could just deprecated Text.Printf for GHC 7.8, and remove in
7.10 (which may address the big base-split)