Gearing up (again) for the next release: 2014.2.0.0

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Wed Apr 2 23:01:38 UTC 2014

On 30/03/14 23:43, Mark Lentczner wrote:
> *happy *bumped to* 1.19.3*
> *alex *bumped to* 3.1.3*
> *haddock *bumped to* 2.14.1*
>
> *- but question about tying to GHC release still open: The concern is since
> GHC ships with it's doc built with the haddock executable it ships, will we
> have problems building the rest of the docs with a later haddock -- and
> having all the cross references work?*
>

> As for GHC 7.8.2 - Where is the plan for 7.8.2 documented? It is barely
> mentioned in the GHC mailing list, and no mention in the GHC trac wiki, and
> the issues milestone has scant info.
>
> I'm very reluctant to hold out for an unknown GHC release. Unless we have
> good reason to think that GHC 7.8.1 is a bad release and will leave scads
> of people with broken build systems.... I'd like to continue to plan on
> releasing HP in mid May (so on schedule for 2014.2.0.0). As such, unless
> the turn of 7.8.2 comes within a week or two of 7.8.1 - let's stick with
> 7.8.1.
>
> Finally - note that part of my big push to totally re-write the Haskell
> Platform is so that we can all feel more confident turning a version more
> quickly if we need. If 7.8.2 comes out this Summer, and we think it is an
> important enough improvement - we can turn HP too.
>
> - Mark

Hi again,

We had just released Haddock 2.14.2 containing some minor (but nice)
bugfixes and that's the version that 7.8.1 will ship with. I don't know
if it matters to you (are you just going with what version ships with
GHC?) but I thought I'd let you know so you can update your list.

Thanks
--
Mateusz K.