Upper bounds in PVP

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Thu Apr 10 13:51:53 UTC 2014

On 2014-04-10 15:41, Vincent Hanquez wrote:
> On 2014-04-10 13:52, MightyByte wrote:
>> It seems like this issue has clearly been the source of
>> disagreement/misunderstanding, so +1 from me too.  The harder question
>> is precisely what changes should be made.
> Oh please.

Don't be to quick to judge -- I think applying the

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_charity

might be in order (and not just in this particular sub-thread).

There may be quite a bit of wiggle-room for interpretation here, but...
(see below)

> Otherwise I'm all for (+1) spelling out that the PvP is following
> RFC2119; there's no harm for being crystal clear about this.

Maybe you should just officially propose a simple amendment to the PVP
stating this and we'll see how many (or: if any) of the originators of
the PVP (dis)agree? Of course, we'll also see how many other interested
parties (dis)agree. Personally, I'd weigh the opinions of the
originators significantly more heavily of course, but this *is* a
pseudo-democratic process, so let's see what happens :)

Regards,