Fwd: [Haskell-cafe] Filing bugs for haskell packages

Niklas Hambüchen mail at nh2.me
Fri Feb 7 14:01:45 UTC 2014

Being able to post without subscription sounds sensible.

I'm subscribed to > 10 mailing lists of projects for which I report less
than a bug per year because of exactly this problem, and it is very
annoying.

Even if you take the extra effort and go through a sign up/off for every
single bug you want to report, this doesn't really work because you
might miss replies in between the signed-up periods, and while you are
signed up you get all the clutter from the mailing list that is
unrelated to your problem.

I recall other projects implementing an open-mailing-list principle
(posting without subscription), and I think it works great.