who's maintaining language-c? tis borken on hackage with 7.8 till a new version is pushed

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sat Feb 15 03:48:51 UTC 2014

As far as functionality goes, I think, the simplest approach would be to use the language-c-quote parser inside language-c — i.e., parse with language-c-quote, and then, convert the language-c-quote AST to the language-c AST. This is as language-c contains quite a bit of functionality to analyse the C AST and c2hs needs that functionality. Rewriting it all in terms of the language-c-quote AST (which is quite different) would be a lot of (and pretty boring) work. Writing an AST to AST conversion should be quite straight forward and much less work.

Concerning performance, I assume that the main difference is that language-c uses ’ByteString’s whereas language-c-quote uses ’String’s for parsing. Using ’ByteString’ in language-c-quote would be a good move anyway and shouldn’t be much work. (It’s also something, I might be able to help with.)

Manuel