Proposal: Explicitly require "Data.Bits.bit (-1) == 0" property

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 16:43:48 UTC 2014

Nothing forbids you from allowing negative bit positions in a data type,
for instance for fractional bits in a fixed position numeric type.

Consequently, I'm -1 on this proposal.

You can currently construct 0 several ways, e.g. clearBit (bit 0) 0 could
be use to supply a default for any such zeroBits member of the class.

-Edward