Proposal: add new Data.Bits.Bits(bitZero) method

Henning Thielemann schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de
Sun Feb 16 18:29:15 UTC 2014

Am 16.02.2014 19:16, schrieb ARJANEN Loïc Jean David:

> I'm in favour of that modified proposal, so +1 for a "zero" member of Bits.
>
> And if we fear problems with collisions, we could always name the member
> something like zeroValue or zeroBits.

If people adhere to the package versioning policy, then there cannot be
collisions. That is,

   import Data.Bits

requires strict version bounds (>=x.y.z.w && <x.y.z+1)

and both of

   import Data.Bits (zero)
   import qualified Data.Bits as Bits

allow lax version bounds (>=x.y.z && <x.y+1).

Btw. "rotate" may already cause collisions with geometry libraries.