breath of life for dataenc lib

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Sun Mar 16 16:30:22 UTC 2014

On 2014-03-15 17:52, Carter Schonwald wrote:
> ccing Libraries (forgot)
>

> On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Carter Schonwald
> <carter.schonwald at gmail.com <mailto:carter.schonwald at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Hey All,
>     Dataenc is needed for building darcs, and currently doesn't build
>     on 7.8 without some  easy patching (i'm also trying to mod the
>     tesing code to use the cabal test suite support but that doesn't
>     seem to work). I couldn't find a repo online so i started one here
>     https://github.com/cartazio/dataenc
>
>     @magnus, Are you still game for continuing to maintain it? (the
>     hackage docs indicate that you have uploader acls but also that
>     theres no maintainer per se and theres no repo online)

I'm pretty sure that Magnus is now only maintaining sandi:

https://github.com/joeyh/git-annex/pull/15

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/sandi

Looks like dataenc has not been marked as deprecated though (probably
because the name change predates the hackage change where you can set
deprecated yourself)

--
Vincent