We need to add role annotations for 7.8

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Thu Mar 27 06:44:21 UTC 2014

I think that in theory the basic principle should be that by default you
can only write a GND if  you could have written it by hand in the same
scope - i.e. you can only do it if you have access to the relevant
methods and datatype constructors etc. Alternatively the library author
might have made an explicit choice to override that default in either
direction.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to achieve that exact solution in
practice, but it might guide the 10-year vision for point (2) below.