'temporary' package

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sun May 11 19:39:30 UTC 2014

Hi Roman,

 > [I'll simply fork] packages whenever I think it's the optimal option
 > for me and my users.

for what it's worth, I totally agree with your policy. When a package
doesn't work the way you want it to, then fork and change it so that it
does! That's is the whole point of free software [1], and Github is
proof that this approach can be very successful.

 > I will continue to maintain my fork, as I don't want this situation
 > to repeat in the future.

That doesn't make much sense to me, though. You've got what you wanted:
the patch you needed has been applied! So what's the point of
maintaining a public fork on Hackage? It's your right to do that, of
course, but it does appear a little irrational.

Just my 2 cents,
Peter

[1] "Free" as in speech, not free beer.