[nhc-users] How to upload nhc98 binaries to ftp://ftp.cs.york.ac.uk/pub/haskell/incoming/

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:22:05 +0100

Hello Romildo,

> I have built RPM packages for hmake-2.03 and nhc98-1.10 and would like
> to have them uploaded to the nhc98 ftp repository,
> But the ftp server is not allowing uploading, as shown below. What is
> the correct procedure for uploading my contributed binary packages?

It looks like uploads to our FTP server have been disabled for
security reasons.  I have no control over this.

However, if you can upload them to another FTP server, then I can
make a copy to our server.  Is this possible?  If not, then perhaps
you could uuencode the RPM and send it to me by email (not to the
list please!).  (Although our mail server might reject a large
message of several megabytes...  Argh.  This could turn out to be
quite difficult.)

Regards,
    Malcolm