[nhc-users] Building nhc98 under Cygwin

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Fri Nov 28 15:17:08 EST 2003

Ullal Devappa Kini <wmbfqj at vsnl.net> writes:

> I try building nhc98 using nhc98-1.16.tar.gz on i686-pc-cygwin:  gcc (3.2-3)

For what it's worth, users have also reported a very similar build
failure on sparc-Linux, using gcc-3.3.  The common factor would seem
to be that the gcc version exceeds 3.1.  I have certainly managed to
build this release of nhc98 on many platforms, including win95/Cygwin,
using the gcc-2.95.x compiler.  The best suggestion I have at the
moment is to downgrade your gcc to a known-good version.

> -------->
>  Adjusting... hmakerc
> I/O error:
>   action :  openFile ReadMode
>   on file:  /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/TEMP\hmakeconfig.tmp
>   gave   :  ENOENT (No such file or directory)

This error is probably to do with whether your TEMP environment
variable is set.  Try either to unset it, or to set it differently.

Regards,
    Malcolm