[Template-haskell] Record constructors

Ian Lynagh igloo@earth.li
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:38:15 +0000

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 02:35:28PM -0500, Derek Elkins wrote:
> >From: "Simon Peyton-Jones" <simonpj@microsoft.com>
> >To: "Derek Elkins" <ddarius86@hotmail.com>,<template-haskell@haskell.org>
> >Subject: RE: [Template-haskell] Record constructors
> >Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:18:31 -0000
> >
> >Good point.  Indeed, THSyntax has no provision for record types and
> >record expressions.
> >Haskell is a pretty large language and I didn't cover the whole of it in
> >the first pass, I'm afraid.
> >

> >	IAN L, would you care to put in the THSyntax for
> >		records
> >		contexts in data type declarations
> >	and add suitable stuff to DsMeta and Convert to get them to and
> >fro?
> >
> >(Or someone else!)  I'm too much of a bottleneck for stuff like this.
> >I'm inclined to focus my time on things where it really has to be me.
> >
> >Simon
>
> Okay. I'll take a swing at it.

OK - if you have problems I will try to help.

Is there a reason why strictness annotations are ignored, or just the
first pass issue again?
Presumably any StrictnessMark except NotMarkedStrict should be reported
as strict? I think
data Con = Constr String [(Strictness, Typ)]
data Strictness = Strict | NonStrict
is probably as good a representation as any other.

Any objections?

Thanks
Ian