[Template-haskell] RE: ghc-5.05 / template haskell bug

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:12:11 -0000

Urkle

I'm about to take off to Redmond for a week.  Not sure when I'll get to
this,
but I hope I'll manage it sometime soon.  I hope it's not a showstopper
for you.

(You might want to join the template-haskell mailing list)

simon

|=20
| Hi,
|=20
| while experimenting with template haskell I encountered the following:
|=20
| ] ghc --make Main.hs
| ] Chasing modules from: Main.hs
| ] Skipping  Power            ( Power.hs, ./Power.o )
| ] Compiling Main             ( Main.hs, ./Main.o )
| ] ghc-5.05: panic! (the `impossible' happened, GHC version 5.05):
| ]         nameModule x {- v a1fV -}
| ]
| ] Please report it as a compiler bug to
glasgow-haskell-bugs@haskell.org,
| ] or http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghc/.
| ]
| ]
| ] make: *** [main] Error 1
|=20
| This was using a version very recently checked out of CVS (Friday, 14
March)
|=20
| The files that caused the problem are attached.
|=20
| --
| Tom Harke
| Computer Science and Engineering Department
| Oregon Graduate Institute
|=20