[Template-haskell] Release

Shae Matijs Erisson shae@ScannedInAvian.com
Tue, 27 May 2003 17:23:29 +0200

Hampus Ram <d00ram@dtek.chalmers.se> writes:

> For the sake of consistency, if for nothing else. If you have a naming
> scheme you should use it all the way or else people get confused and
> irritated.

> Yes, but only often in the begining. As you use it more you'll
> need to look at it more seldom. If the names are choosen wisely and
> consistently you will also be able to "guess" the names with quite some
> precision. If you have special names for some constructs however, things
> get a lot more messy.

I agree with this. If I can figure out all the names from one or two simple
rules and the vocabulary, then I only need to remember the heuristic, and it
can be easily applied to vocabulary that is not currently known, or added
later.

Emacs is a good anti-example of this, eg. current-buffer vs. buffer-list
You never know whether you should try a subject-verb or verb-subject name.
--
Shae Matijs Erisson - I've tried to teach people autodidactism,
but it seems they always have to discover it for themselves.