[Template-haskell] panic: addImpDecls

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Nov 22 09:56:28 EST 2004

Strange.  GHC just doesn't allow nested declaration splices -- and gives
a horrible message to boot.  I'm not sure why I hadn't even registered
that point.

Turns out that the way to fix this is closely connected with preparatory
work towards producing *typed* TH syntax trees.

TH has grown quite a long to-do list in the last month.  I'll try to do
something about it before our Xmas release of 6.4.  How urgent is this
particular thing for you?

Simon