[Template-haskell] mutually recursive modules and template haskell

Alfonso Acosta alfonso.acosta at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 12:33:59 EST 2007

Hi,

I recently reopened an old bug related to TH and mutually recursive
modules. http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/1012

Sorry to repost about the bug in this list but the is being a major
blocker for me.

It seems that "ghc --make" could do better when figuring out the build
dependencies when mutually recursive modules and TH are used in the
same set of modules.

Could someone please confirm if I really ran into a bug?

A workaround for me would providing an specific compilation order
(sorry if this is offtopic). I'm using cabal, I tried using Setup
makefile to avoid the bug but it didn't work for me (the makefile
approach doesn't seem to regard the modules included in
"other-modules"). Any pointer would be welcome.

Cheers,

Fons