[Template-haskell] Lift instances of the AST-related types

Alfonso Acosta alfonso.acosta at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 11:47:48 EDT 2007

This recent haskell-cafe thread[1] provides a way to implicity give
support for automatic derivation of Lift in GHC.

Since Data can be derived automatically and there's a way to lift any
"Data a => a" it's like having
automatic derivation for lift.

It's not a substitute of Ian's package (the instace Data a => Lift a
is illegal), but it complements it.

What do you think about including a function like "liftData :: Data a
=> a -> ExpQ" in the library?