[Timber] 64 bit?

Rick R rick.richardson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 10:28:24 EDT 2009

I see. I'm happy to implement whatever we come up with. I have no
experience, however, in language design. I would certainly like to come up
with a method for representing large scalars, but I haven't a clue as to a
solution that would be elegant and flexible in the face of change. The only
one is, as you mentioned, boxing. However, that seems to cancel out the
whole point of compiling to efficient C code.

I can build a new patch which will lock Int at 32 bit. That isn't a problem.
Compiling on 64 bit machines and maintaining consistent behavior is good
enough for now.

I am traveling for a bit and am not sure that I can accomplish much on my
macbook. I'll see what I can do.