[web-devel] Re: ANN: Salvia-1.0.0

Chris Smith cdsmith at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:18:12 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 13:53 -0700, Michael Snoyman wrote:
> If anyone is interested in changing the interface for WAI, I suggest
> they bring up the ideas sooner rather than later.

For my part, since I did say something about this, my concern wasn't
really anything I'd like to see changed in WAI, so much as to say that
it seems a tad early to be spreading an expectation that web app stuff
in Haskell will be done via WAI.  So I was not objecting to WAI itself;
but rather to seeing the announcement of Salvia greeted with a
nearly-immediate "is it WAI compliant?"

I also won't hide my distaste for the enumerator-based approach; but
it's a distaste that is so far not accompanied by having a better
alternative.

--
Chris Smith