[web-devel] Type-safe URL handling

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Mon Mar 29 12:46:30 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com>wrote:

> We'd been discussing the PathInfo class previously; I understand now what
> you're trying to achieve with it, but I think for a lot of use cases using a
> parser like that will be unnecesary. For those cases, I'd hate to introduce
> a parsec dependency, especially given the 2/3 split we're dealing with right
> now.

web-routes depends on network, and network depends on parsec 2. So we
already depend (indirectly) on parsec 2 whether we want to or not. (On
debian, for example, to install libghc6-network-dev,  libghc6-parsec-dev
must also be installed).

So, I think that means that adding parsec 2 as a direct dependency should
not be an issue in terms of adding any new dependencies? (Ignoring the
question as to whether parsec is the right tool for the job in the first
place).

- jeremy