[web-devel] Re: Hamlet & Haml

James Britt james at neurogami.com
Wed Apr 21 19:01:59 EDT 2010

Michael Snoyman wrote:

> I'm sorry, I'm not familiar enough with the indentation rules you're
> referring to; could you explain it more throughly? This might be a case
> where I accidentally solved a problem ;).

Haml expects that where there is to be indentation, that indentation is
to be exactly 2 spaces.  Not 1, not 3, or 4, but 2.  It isn't enough
that a line start in a new column further to the right, it has to start
in a very specific column relative to its parent.

However, there are cases where the content is such that I want to
emphasize it or offset it in some way using whitespace.

My experience has been that this isn't allowed.

James