[web-devel] Re: ANNOUNCE: yesod 0.2.0

Gour gour at gour-nitai.com
Mon May 24 10:35:07 EDT 2010

On Mon, 24 May 2010 15:26:02 +0300
>>>>>> "Michael" == <michael at snoyman.com> wrote:

Hello Michael,

Michael> I'm very happy to announce the release of yesod 0.2.0. Yesod
Michael> is a Haskell web framework for type-safe, RESTful web
Michael> applications.

Congratulations for new release and enhanced web-site!

Michael> The next feature I'm targeting for Yesod is persistence. If
Michael> anyone has any thoughts to share on this topic, please send me
Michael> an e-mail.

Do you have any rough idea about deploying RDBMS in Yesod?

Otoh, this release of Yesod is coming along the 1st public release of
Snap framework...pretty exciting time for Haskell web development.

However, for someone who is still using Hakyll for his web needs (and
I must say: "I like it!"), but may ponder into some Haskell framework
in the future, I'd be interested to hear about some comparison between
Yesod & Snap as far as features, methodology, target users, ease of
deploying etc. are concerned?

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6