[web-devel] Re: ANNOUNCE: yesod 0.2.0

Andrey Popp 8mayday at gmail.com
Mon May 24 13:35:04 EDT 2010

Sorry for appearing in the middle of the discussion but,

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 9:10 PM, Gour <gour at gour-nitai.com> wrote:
> /me just wants rich Haskell framework being able to deploy on shared
> hosting usign RDBMS so that we can stop looking at the Python's
> courtyard.

Don't you think, that ability to deploy on shared hosting is
overvalued feature, I mean VPS are quite cheep and that's definitely
not an issue to buy one and setup your web application with your
favourite web-framework. Python people don't bother about shared
hosting solutions, while Python implementation are much slower than
GHC ;-).

Related to URL routing solutions in Yesod and Snap — I've found the
Snap way to be more comfortable, maybe this is because the same syntax
is used by Python/Ruby web frameworks (I personally have experience
with many Python web frameworks). Also I don't think that URL routing
type safety is also very important here.

Thanks!

--
Andrey Popp

phone: +7 911 740 24 91