[web-devel] Google Summer of Code: BlazeHTML RFC

Deniz Dogan deniz.a.m.dogan at gmail.com
Sat May 29 09:24:51 EDT 2010

2010/5/27 Jasper Van der Jeugt <jaspervdj at gmail.com>:
> Dear all,
>
> BlazeHtml started out on ZuriHac 2010. Now, Jasper Van der Jeugt is
> working on it as a student to Google Summer of Code for haskell.org.
> His mentors are Simon Meier and Johan Tibell. The goal is to create a
> high-performance HTML generation library.
>
> In the past few weeks, we have been exploring the performance and
> design of different drafts of this library. Now, the time has come to
> ask some questions to the Haskell community — more specifically the
> future users of BlazeHtml as well as current users of other HTML
> generation libraries.
>
> We have written an RFC to gather feedback from the community:
>
> HTML version: http://jaspervdj.be/posts/2010-05-27-blazehtml-rfc.html
> Plain version: http://github.com/jaspervdj/BlazeHtml/raw/develop/doc/RFC.lhs
>
> The easiest way of sending us feedback, comments or criticism is
> replying to the haskell-cafe thread here. Alternatively, drop a
> comment at the bottom of the HTML version or at reddit.
>
> Looking forward to your feedback,
> Kind regards,
> Simon Meier
> Jasper Van der Jeugt

Q2: What HTML standards should the library at least  support?
HTML 4 Transitional
XHTML 1.0 Transitional
XHTML 1.0 Strict
I don't care if frameset doctypes are supported.

Q3: Which HTML version would you preferably use?
HTML 4 Transitional. Please, don't make HTML 4 Strict the default. I
personally haven't used it in years and don't really know any
professional web developer that uses it today.

--
Deniz Dogan