[web-devel] missing web component needed: server-side page control

Sergey Mironov ierton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 09:53:10 EDT 2010

Hi! This is definitely the right way. Current set of related
technologies includes
Formlets, HJScript, Web-routes, various template systems like Hamlet or HSX.

>    3 create a minimum javascript module that:
>         read Ajax responses and execute them in the web browser, for
> the above functionality
>         listen for events and forward them to the server trough Ajax.

Ajax is just one approach of several existing. Building a
haskell-to-JavaScript generator looks more important for me. Please
look at [1] and [2]. what do you think?

Generally, it is already possible to manage client java-scripts on the
server with  HSX + HJScript [3]. On the other hand, managing pure html
forms for JScript-free apps is possible with the help of Formlets. But
when one starts using them all together, code becomes awkward.

[1] http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_in_web_browser
[2] http://vir.mskhug.ru/
[3] http://git.ierton.ru/?p=happstack-samples.git;a=blob_plain;f=HJSample.hs;hb=master

--