[web-devel] Sending email

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu Aug 19 14:43:46 EDT 2010

Hey all,

I'm wondering what people do in general for sending email, especially from
web apps. So far, I've written some basic modules in my apps that wrap
around the sendmail executable on the system. Are there packages on Hackage
that people would recommend?

As long as I'm bringing this up, I think I nice email system would offer
built in support for creating multipart messages. Bonus points would be to
automatically create a text/plain version from an HTML version. If no one
knows of prior art on this, I might try to implement it as a module in
Yesod.

Michael