[web-devel] "Please Break Yesod" campaign

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu Nov 11 20:24:41 CET 2010

Hey all,

I'd like to kick off the "Please Break Yesod" campaign[1] by drawing
everyone's attention to Matt Brown's commit which converts the Route
associated type from a type family to a data family. tl;dr: it avoids
"not injective" compiler errors, and is overall good, fuzzy and made
of unicorns. I'm even told that applying it may help regrow my hair.

Anyway, if people would mind pulling his code and making sure it
compiles, I'd appreciate it. The last time I tried to make that
transition I stumbled upon a bug in GHC 6.12.1. I don't remember what
the bug was, and I don't remember what the code was, so this is mostly
just me acting paranoid for no good reason.

Michael

[1] http://docs.yesodweb.com/blog/please-break-yesod/
[2] https://github.com/softmechanics/yesod/commit/f3afdfeea2b2cac40051ce1ad795e798faf96be6