Amazon EC2 and haskell *Was: [web-devel] MochaHost for yesod applications?

Max Cantor mxcantor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 17:18:43 CET 2010

I've started up with amazon EC2. They give you a free micro instance to get a feel for it.  No arch, you're stuck with ubuntu, which seems to be alright.  I have a small yesod based system running there.

Pros:
- easy to massively scale up
- big trusted name
- data centers in the US (both coasts), APAC (singapore) and Europe.
- If a bunch of haskellers start using it, perhaps there will be better community AMIs (amazon machine image) for haskell to save us all a lot of setup.

Cons:
- complete roll your own solution
- big trusted name (not the most personal service)