[web-devel] [Yesod] getBy404.

Felipe Almeida Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 18:32:08 CET 2010

2010/12/20 Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com>:
> Now a question for everyone: what do people think of removing
> persistent as a dependency for yesod, and creating a separate
> yesod-persistent package? Similar arguments apply here as for
> yesod-auth and yesod-form: yesod is lighter, APIs can change more
> freely, and less dependencies. Another possible change would be to
> remove the hamlet and web-routes-quasi dependencies from persistent,
> and instead stick orphan instances in a yesod-persistent package.

I like separation in many packages.  Especially with persistent, given
that in many cases it may be not sufficient.

Maybe it would be even nicer to rename the lighter yesod into
yesod-base, and then create a metapackage yesod that depends on
everything else with consistent, tested version numbers.

Cheers,

--
Felipe.