[web-devel] Hamlet variable interpolation syntax [previously: A few questions about Yesod]

Max Cantor mxcantor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 06:33:23 CET 2010

I agree with just dropping the dot syntax and using spaces for function application to be consistent with haskell syntax.

Another inelegance of the syntax is the difference between:

$xxx
and
$yyy$

The first requires xxx to be a special hamlet keyword (forall, if, maybe) and the second just references a normal haskell value. So, the second $ on a line sort of changes the meaning of the leading $.  Its not terrible and I've gotten used to it, but I imagine it could be a bit confusing at first.

-מרדכי