[web-devel] rendering hamlet (esp julius) manually

Max Cantor mxcantor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 13:31:52 CET 2010

I was wondering how to render a hamlet template (I'm specifically interested in julius - more on that later) outside of the context of a Handler handling a web request.  The reason I want to do this is I have come client side javascript (for android and ios + phonegap) and it would be nice to use julius to automatically generate some javascript code for the xcode project.  To be specific, i have a .js file like this:

var URL_HOME = "http://localhost";
// var URL_HOME = "http://myhost";

var URL_PROFILE = URL_HOME + "/boo";

If its possible to render julius without a request, then I could do this:
var URL_HOME = @HomeR@;
var URL_PROFILE = @ProfileR@;

and add a small executable to generate the JS file.

So, how would one do this?

Sorry if this is obvious, i spent some time trying and digging around the haddocks, didn't find an answer.

happy new years,
max