[web-devel] [Yesod][Auth][OpenId]

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Fri Jan 28 05:50:07 CET 2011

2011/1/26 いとうかつとし <cutsea110 at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I have a question.
> OpenId plugin in yesod-auth 0.2.0.3 don't support OP identifier?
> for example, i try japanese SNS mixi.jp,
> Claimed identifier:  https://id.mixi.jp/<myid> => success and login my
> developed site.
> OP identifier: https://mixi.jp => fail!!
>       I success to login to mixi, but  mixi say the error message:
>           `Given OpenID is not yours, your OpenID is
> http://id.mixi.jp/<myid>. confirm and try again.'
> the mixi's developer center say mixi 's OP identifier is https://mixi.jp.
> anyone success to login by using OP identifier?

I'm not sure what would be causing that bug. OpenID logins like that
work just fine on Google. Unfortunately, I do not have a mixi account
(and I can't read Japanese), so I cannot debug the problem myself.

Does the problem exist if you try to log in to Haskellers with https://mixi.jp?

The only thing I can think of is that some OpenID providers do not
follow the spec and require the realm to be sent. Jeremy Shaw sent me
a patch for this, but it only made it into authenticate 0.8, which
yesod-auth 0.2 does not use. I just backported this patch and put it
in authenticate 0.7.2.4. Can you upgrade to that version and tell me
if the bug persists?

Thanks,
Michael