[web-devel] Hoogle Advice

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Jan 28 19:44:27 CET 2011

Michael Snoyman schrieb:

> I'm a big fan of your work, especially hlint and Hoogle. I'd be happy
> to help you out as much as possible.
>
> There are basically three ways you could interact with an Apache
> server from Haskell:
>
> * CGI
> * FastCGI
> * Reverse HTTP proxy
>
> Essentailly, in a reverse HTTP, you'll have a standalone server
> running on some port that never talks to the outside world, and Apache
> will proxy all HTTP connections for your application to that server.
> FastCGI is similar to CGI, except it allows for long-running
> processes, as opposed to spawning a new process for each request.
>
> There are at this point three main web frameworks in Haskell (that I'm
> aware of, someone correct me if I'm wrong): Yesod[1], Happstack[2] and
> Snap[3].

Add MoHWS, a fork of Simon Marlow's HWS that I use for the online
translation behind e.g.
http://www.haskell.org.monadtransformer.parallelnetz.de/ .
 MoHWS has no support for building web formulars and processing and so
on, but I found it very convenient to insert my online translation stuff
into it.