[web-devel] Sql join feature in persistent

James cnjamesdeng at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 10:25:28 CET 2011

Hi all,

I'm new to this mailing list. I did web development in python with
Django framework before. But I really like the haskell language, so
considering building my next site (a LBS-SN like service) in haskell. I
learn snap for a while and think it's not so mature and powerful. After
I learned the yesod docs in one day and read some yesod and
haskellers.com codes in the following few days, I appreciate it and try
to use it seriously.

Now I need a database query across two table, so as to sql join feature.
Currently, persistent doesn't provide this functionality. I think maybe
adding a function to PersistBackend class, and implementing it in
PersistBackend (SqlPersist m) may solve the problem. However, I am not
sured. Will it be difficult and consistent to implement this feature?

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,
--
James Deng