[web-devel] [Yesod] Teach me how to write to access

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Tue Mar 1 15:36:00 CET 2011

The default scaffolding site creates a connection pool at startup and stores
it in the foundation type.
You can access the foundation type in your handler with:

  y <- getYesod

Look at the runDB function. It accesses the connection pool from the
foundation type.
Without knowing any more specifics of your situation,
you probably just want to write a function runDB2 that runs against a
different connection pool (to your other database) that you also create at
startup.

Greg Weber

Hi

> This might not be the correct answer to your problem, but I asked

about how to pass a hashtable to the application in a prevoius mail.

wrote a very good example at:

https://github.com/snoyberg/haskell-web-rosetta/blob/master/counter/yesod.hs

> It might be you can connect to the database, and then pass it on and

handle this second db-connection manually?